Looking for healthy, flavorful, weeknight meal? The flavors in this recipe are so good! To add a bit of protein, you can serve it with chicken, but it would be de-lish on its own as well.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large tomato
- 4 c baby spinach
- 2 c spaghetti squash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
• To cook spaghetti squash quickly, make several holes in the squash using a fork. Then pop it in the microwave for about 10-12 minutes (about 4-5 minutes a pound).
• Allow to cool for several minutes in microwave.
• Remove from microwave and cut open lengthwise.
• Using a fork, scrape out contents (it will be stringy) into a bowl and set aside.
• In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just turning brown.
• Add the tomato. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
• Top with the spinach leaves and cover for about 2 minutes. The spinach will cook and reduce down.
• Uncover. Break up the spinach with a wooden spoon. It will start to clump together once cooked.
• Add the spaghetti squash a little at a time and stir in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Add parsley as a nice garnish and serve!