Getting ready for his fifth season as the Newman Jets' Head Coach, Ron Allen, Jr. “RJ” understands the responsibility he carries every day. Allen has the day-to-day expectations of being the first Black man to lead the only private NCAA Division II program in the state of Kansas. Still, he …
More than 100 community members gathered in Harris Park last weekend to honor and continue to fight for justice for Ryan Stokes, a man killed by a Kansas City Police Department officer in 2013.
- “Why Did We Get The Covid-19 Vaccine?”
- “From the Trunk to Ward Parkway:” IMKC Store #2 Opens in Ward Parkway Center
- Local Black- Owned Burger Spot Thrives in the Community
- Wichita Halloween Events
- Newman Basketball Head Coach Committed to Developing His Boys to Men
- Johnson & Johnson, Moderna COVID-19 Booster Vaccines to be offered by Sedgwick County Health Department
- Wichita Branch NAACP Statement on the Tragic Death of Cedric Lofton
- Wichita Project to Honor Veterans with Banner Unveiling in Naftzger Park
- Missouri Has Enrolled 4,300 People in Expanded Medicaid Program
- Newman Universities AJ Morris Selected as TCV Student-Athlete of the Week
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
If there is one thing rapper Walter Edwin, also known as the Popper, is known for, it’s his absolute dedication and pride for Kansas City.
Sat., Oct. 23 - Wichita State University Trunk or Treat, 1 p.m.to 4 p.m. at the WSU Rhatigan Student Center. Trunk or Treat is an event for families and kids of all ages to interact with Wichita State University student organizations, campus departments, and community partners by participati…
Under legislation approved by state lawmakers in May, nonprofits working to deter crime in seven Missouri communities can now apply for state funds — up to $500,000 — to support their work.
Four veterans who have made outstanding contributions through their service while in uniform and through their work in the community, will be recognized as part of a month-long, local program planned in honor of National Veterans & Military Families Month. Veterans from our community sel…
AJ Morris is a graduate transfer 6-foot-3, 180-pound point guard on the Newman University Jets basketball team. Morris received his bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications from Alcorn State University before transferring to Newman to pursue a master’s in Business Administration.
Progeny, a youth justice reform group, wants the State of Kansas to take another strong look at improving its juvenile correctional system and they’ve prepared a report to help guide that change.
Cornell Ellis’ goal is to eventually shake hands with every single Black male educator in the Kansas City metro area and let them know there is an organization specifically to support them in their teaching career.