WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita officials are expected to name the city’s newest library after a Black man who led a sit-in at a drugstore in 1958 that helped end racial segregation in the city.
• Public/private partnership brings affordable housing project to North Broadway’s troubled area.
The coronavirus-driven decision puts a halt to in-person classes for the largest school district in Kansas.
Newly mounted license plate readers at 35 intersections in Wichita have produced “incredible results” in the first week or so, says one police officer. But some lawmakers say we need to watch out for violations of privacy and civil rights. Read the slides for the full story.
Wichitan Karen Cayce placed second in the Gordon Parks Museum “Social Justice, Diversity, and Equity” photo contest. Fifteen entries were received and the Cayce placed second with her photo “A” Grand” Family! The recognition, came with a small cash award.
- Bishop Miege's Mitchell Hotly Pursued by KU, North Carolina
- He Unknowingly Had Covid-19. Now His Blood Contains "Super" Antibodies.
- Trump Administration Executes Corey Johnson, Despite Evidence Of His Intellectual Disability
- Wichita State Product VanVleet Putting Up Big Numbers for Toronto
- In First Act of New Congress, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Introduces Reparations Bill
- Mayor Urges People To Avoid DC as Secret Service Begins Inauguration Prep Early
- Three WyCo Police Officers Charged in Hit and Run, Another Charged After Hiring a Prostitute
- Lady Gaga to Sing Anthem, J-Lo to Perform at Inauguration