COVID vaccines for children ages 5-11 are available at the Unified Government Public Health Department’s (UGPHD’s) vaccination site at the former Kmart building (78th and State in KCK). These vaccines are available while supplies last. The UGPHD received 900 doses of these child vaccines in the initial shipment.
Location and hours:
• 7836 State Ave, Kansas City, KS 66112
• Wednesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
• No appointment needed
When you come in:
• Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
• Families will fill out a short intake form while they wait in line.
• Pediatric nurses who have experience working with young children are on site to help with COVID vaccines for kids.
• After receiving their vaccination, children need to wait for 15 minutes in the observation area (same standard waiting period as COVID vaccinations for other age groups).
• The UGPHD will be working with schools to offer other COVID vaccine opportunities for kids ages 5-11 in November and December
• COVID vaccines for kids ages 5-11 are not yet available at the UGPHD site in downtown KCK. However, people ages 12 and older can still get COVID vaccines at the UGPHD by appointment only. Call 913-573-8855 to set up an appointment.
• Find other COVID vaccination sites in the area: vaccines.gov