As more vaccine arrives and directive is given from the state health department, Sedgwick County Health Department will begin vaccinating people in Phase 2. Due to the limited amount of Phase 2 vaccine allocation, the Health Department is only vaccinating residents age 80 and older, not residing in an adult care home. Watch the media and the Sedgwick County website for more information about who can be vaccinated next. The department is notified 12-24 hours before vaccine is received. Because of the unpredictable nature of vaccine distribution to Sedgwick County Health Department, there is no scheduling ahead of vaccine receipt. The intent is not to schedule more appointments than the vaccine available on hand. Additional appointments will become available as more vaccine is obtained.
When COVID-19 vaccine is available, complete the steps below:
- Register ahead of time (online) – choose an appointment (appointments may last at least 30 minutes)
- A confirmation email will be sent within 5 minutes of scheduling your appointment. Please complete the online questionnaire included in the email and bring with you to your appointment.
- To the event, bring your:
- ID/Driver’s License or Birth Certificate – The SCHD will check birthdates upon check-in
- Printed vaccine voucher (can be completed onsite)
- Receive the vaccine
- Onsite observation time (15 to 30 minutes)