Wichita Public Library locations are now open with limited in-person services. The Library is following guidance from the City, County, State and Centers for Disease Control regarding best safety practices for customers and staff.
NOTE: The Linwood Park Branch will remain closed until the recreation center is able to open. This branch will continue offering curbside materials pick up service.
The following services are offered during this time:
· Pick up holds (curbside, drive up window, inside Library locations with staff assistance)
· Public computing and WiFi with limited seating capacity
· Print, copy and fax services
· Book-A-Librarian technology help (by appointment only) at the Advanced Learning Library
Parts of each Library location will be blocked from public use:
· Customers will not be able to browse materials on shelves. Library staff will provide a concierge service to retrieve materials for customers.
· The Research Pavilion at the Advanced Learning Library will be closed during this time.
· Children’s areas at all locations will remain closed.
To provide safe interactions with customers, the following safety protocols will be enforced:
· Customers and staff are required to wear a cloth face covering. Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children age 2 and under, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unable to remove the mask without assistance.
· Floor markers will be added to high traffic areas to facilitate social distancing.
· Building capacity limits for each location will be reduced to reflect social distancing guidelines within the limited areas open for public use.
Other important information:
· The first hour of operation Monday-Saturday will be reserved for vulnerable populations.
· No in-person programs, events or meeting room rentals will take place until a later date.
· No materials donations will be accepted until a later date.
More information: wichitalibrary.org/covid-19