Deep Fried Onion Balls with Cajun Ranch Sauce
What you need:
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 small packet powdered ranch dressing & seasoning mix
- 5 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper, divided
- 2 c. self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk (add more if needed)
- 2 bags onion boilers
- 1 bottle canola oil
- Pour oil into deep fryer and preheat to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add the sour cream, ranch packet, 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning, and 1/2 tsp. of cayenne pepper, mix well. Chill.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, egg, and milk. Mix well.
- Add 4 Tbsp. of cajun seasoning to the batter.
- Add 4 Tbsp. of cayenne.
- Add salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Take each onion boiler and coat with batter.
- Deep fry 1-2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Enjoy with cajun ranch sauce!