For individuals who wish to participate in the 2015 Driver’s License Amnesty Program but are unable to pay due to financial hardship, the City of Wichita Municipal Court has partnered with Workforce Centers of South Central Kansas to allow these clients to receive credit towards their fines by taking advantage of Workforce’s services.
The Process for Earning Credit:
- Sign up for the career development credit option at the Court Clerk’s Office.
- Visit the Workforce Center at 2021 North Amidon #1100, Wichita, KS 67203
- Complete the intake process at the Workforce Center
- Attend a workshop, meet with a staff member for individualized assistance, or use the computer to search for a job or build your resume. Have the instructor, staff member, or computer area monitor sign the attached timesheet after you complete each activity.
- Submit the signed timesheet to the Court Clerk’s Office every two weeks with a list of all of the activities completed during those weeks.
- Municipal court staff will review the timesheet and apply credit(s) to your fines. You can confirm the balance of your fines by calling 316-268-4611 or visiting the Court Clerk’s Office.
- Credit can only be applied to fines, not court costs.
- *Only 3 hours of computer activity/internet searching can be completed for credit each week. You can use the computers as much as you like, however only 21 hours of computer activity/internet total will be applied to your fines.
- *Only 3 hours of Career 101 practice/tutorial can be completed for credit each week. You can use the tutorial as much as you like, however only 21 hours of Career 101 practice/tutorial total will be applied to your fines.
- All activities must be completed at the Workforce Center on North Amidon.