These lovely biscuits are as tasty as they are light! You may want to double this recipe. Your family is going to instantly fall in love with these.
What you need:
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 c cold, unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
• Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in butter with a pastry blender.
• Mix together well the next 4 ingredients.
• Add to the dry ingredients and stir gently until the dough comes together. Do not knead the dough.
• Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll or pat down to 1/2” – 3/4” thickness.
• Cut out biscuits and place on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
• Bake for about 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.