Need a last minute dessert for the Holidays? Try this super easy and creamy Chocolate Buttermilk Pie!
What you need:
2 unbaked pie shells (9 in. or larger)
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
3 3/4 c sugar
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 oz. buttermilk
- Combine butter, sugar, and mix until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt. Whisk until mixed. Add to the butter mixture.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla and stir until well blended.
- Pour into pie shells and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Since oven temperatures vary, bake as long as it takes for the pie to be firm and not jiggle in the middle.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator