Sweet and Crunchy French Toast Spices up Your Basic Brunch
By Janet Tharpe
Bored of basic quiche and eggs at your brunch? Sweeten up the menu by adding Colleen Wehr's fabulous Pecan Delight French Toast. Stuffed with ooey gooey cream cheese and topped with crunchy pecans, this easy recipe will bring a smile to everyone’s face.
"This is rich and delicious!"
What You Need:
6 slices thick cinnamon bread (can substitute regular sliced bread)
1 pkg honey nut spreadable cream cheese
1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
8 to 9 eggs
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 c coffee creamer (French vanilla or hazelnut)
3/4 c chopped pecans
• Spray 13 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
• Spread each slice of bread with light layer of cream cheese and place in dish.
• In a separate bowl, melt butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
• In another bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, salt and creamer. Pour over bread.
• Top with brown sugar mixture.
• Sprinkle pecans over entire dish.
• Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
• The next morning, leave covered and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
• Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.