Superintendent Dr. Alicia Thompson will hold five community feedback sessions aimed at gathering insight from parents and community members about the Every Student Future Ready Strategic Plan. Board of Education members will join Dr. Thompson at the sessions.
Each session will be 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 8, West High School, 820 S. Osage.
- Thursday, October 10, Southeast High School, 2641 S. 127th St. East.
- Monday, October 14, Northwest High School, 1220 N. Tyler Rd.
- Wednesday, October 20, Brooks Middle School
- Thursday, November 21, South High School, 701 W. 33rd St. South.
Childcare will be provided in order to encourage family participation. Translators, including ASL, will be at each meeting.
Participants will share their perspective on four questions:
- What is going well with the Every Student Future Ready strategic plan?
- What areas of the plan presents the greatest challenge?
- What more should the district be doing to improve student learning for all kids?
- What will you as a parent/community member do to impact student learning?
District staff will work with Dr. Thompson to analyze all feedback collected which will help shape Year 3 of the district’s strategic plan. All feedback received online and during the community engagement sessions will be compiled and shared with the BOE in spring 2020.
Those who are unable to attend one of the community feedback sessions can submit feedback online at http://bit.ly/WPSplansurvey.
More information about the Strategic Plan is located at www.usd259.org/futureready. To see all of the progress WPS made in the first year of the Strategic Plan, watch this informative video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPiUbnxRc8I&feature=youtu.be