Succeeding in Business in a Pandemic
A special section to The Community Voice • January 2021
Shifts and pivots are part of the rhythm of business ownership. Independent business owners have to innovate in areas where franchises already have a model to follow. They shift into a new marketing strategy; pivot to work in balance with changing business models. If you shift and pivot often enough, in time it becomes a dance.
From local restaurants to major corporations, companies that are successfully navigating the Covid-19 pandemic and ensuing recession have ofte…
The pandemic has brought challenges to all businesses. Through it all, members of the Forbes Magazine Communications team have identified seve…
- By Jazzlyn Johnson The Community Voice
No one saw the COVID-19 shutdown coming and most businesses did not have plans in place to bounce back.
- By Matt Resnick The Community Voice
Leslie Fleuranges was on the cusp of achieving her dream, opening a pet hotel in Topeka.
The phone rang at 4 a.m. on the West Coast, rousing Angela Muhwezi-Hall from a dead sleep. Normally, calls at such times are bad news.
- The White Church: On Slavery, Lynchings and Racism
- KCK was a Hotbed for the Klan in the 1920s
- Obscure History of Black Lynchings in Kansas and Missouri
- BHFOD 25: Inez Kaiser, the First Black Woman to Open a National PR Firm
- Strengthen the Vine First Fridays Set to Return March 5
- People Who Wear Glasses Less Likely to Catch COVID
- Other Remaining Black Towns
- Oklahoma's Existing Black Towns