Wichita’s historic Orpheum Theatre is thrilled to announce a grand
reopening event featuring Jenny Wood at 7pm on Friday, May 21. This theatrical concert
will be the venue’s first public performance since March 12, 2020.
Wichita has watched Jenny's miraculous story and celebrates her resilience and profound
presence in the community. When Jenny performs, your attention is captured. Her intimate
lyrics and empowering songs take the audience to the depths of their own personal
struggles only to resolve in the end, victorious and stronger. Jenny will perform known and
new material as well as christening her new theatrical experience, Phoenix: Strength of the
Songbird, as she delivers one acts in between songs, inviting the audience behind the
scenes into her life experience that birthed the song.
Jenny Wood will be joined on stage with a full bandfeaturingKansas City favorites Katy
Guillen, Stephanie Williams, andMichelle Bacon, as well as other very special guests.
"At last, the Orpheum stage is moving from dark to ‘lights up,’ and we could not be more
thrilled that our reopening concert will feature such an incredibly talented and beloved
artist,” says Diana Gordon, Orpheum President. “Jenny Wood’s upcoming performance will
be like nothing Wichita audiences have ever seen from her. I promise it to be a moving and
uplifting show, and it’s the perfect way for us to step back into the light after the long
The Orpheum staff is excited for this opportunity for Wichita to gather together safely for the
healing Jenny Wood experience.
Ticket information, including on sale date, and details on venue COVID precautions will be
announced later this month.
- Black Rainbow, NAACP, SCLC, Urban League, National Black United Front, Operation Liberation, Urban Summit Reject Meeting With Mayor Lucas and Chief of Police and Demand the Defunding of KCPD
- Sherrie Hill with Martinizing Dry Cleaning Wichita is all about her customers
- Governor Laura Kelly Signs Military Family Bill
- The IRS will issue monthly stimulus checks to families, $3,600 PER CHILD
- Maxine Waters’ comments Draw Calls for Censorship
- Jurnee Hoffmeyer Traumatized By White Teacher Who Cut Her Hair
- The Murderer derrick chauvin in Floyd’s death goes to the jury
- Kansas housing leaders welcome publics public opinion