Bishop Miege prized junior wing-forward Mark Mitchell has cemented his status as one of the top hoops prospects in the class of 2022. The Kansas City area prep has led Bishop Miege to five blowout victories to open the season.
Ranked No. 9 nationally by Rivals Hoops, Mitchell has garnered scholarship offers from Kansas, North Carolina, Missouri, UCLA, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, USC, and Wake Forrest. Kentucky and Duke have also shown interest, but have yet to extend a scholarship offer.
In a recent interview with recruiting analyst Eric Bossi of 247sports.com, Mitchell said he does not yet have a favorite, but the schools recruiting him the hardest have been KU, North Carolina, Mizzou, Arkansas, and UCLA. The five-star prospect has taken only one official recruiting trip, visiting the Missouri campus more than a year ago.
In another recent interview Mitchell informed Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers that he has a "really good relationship" with UNC head coach Roy Williams and his lead recruiter, Steve Robinson. Mitchell also noted that his mother is from North Carolina. Williams extended the scholarship offer to Mitchell in July.
In his most recent outing, a 33-point victory over Blue Valley High School, Mitchell tallied 24 points, including 5-of-7 from beyond the arc, to go along with a dozen rebounds.
- State Announces Art Contest Geared Toward Suicide Prevention
- Governor Kelly Encourages Kansans to Apply for Low Income Energy Assistance Program Funding Available to Help Pay High Electricity Bills
- Jackson and Taylor Elected Kansas State Democratic Officers
- Black Lives Matter Opens Up About its Finances
- WNBA approves Montgomery’s role in new Dream ownership group
- LaVannes Squires, KU’s First African-American Men’s Basketball Player, Passes Away at 90
- How February – the shortest month in the year – Became Black History Month
- BHFOD 28: The Jackie Robinson of Golf