Newly mounted license plate readers at 35 intersections in Wichita have produced “incredible results” in the first week or so, says one police officer. But some lawmakers say we need to watch out for violations of privacy and civil rights. Read the slides for the full story.
Protesters say the recent social justice protests may have reignited the push for a new trial, but their support of Albert Wilson has never wavered.
• The prosecutor for the Missouri case of Ricky Kidd, who was exonerated, and the Kansas case of Albert Wilson, who many feel was railroaded, is set for a disciplinary hearing early next month.
“Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor” became a rallying cry this summer, emblazoned on T-shirts worn by celebrities and sports stars while protesters filled the streets demanding police accountability. In the end, none of the officers were charged with Taylor’s killing, although one wa…
In case you missed it last Thursday, Sept. 17, Second Chance Thursdays are continuing. Second Chance Thursday offers individuals with an outstanding warrant for a traffic citation issued in the city of Wichita and opportunity to quickly clear their warrant without going through the Sedgwick…
- GOP Largely Votes Against Holding Trump Impeachment Trial
- Biden Administration Will Revamp Effort To Put Harriet Tubman On $20 Bill
- Sunrise Christian Ascends to No. 2 in National Poll
- Four Star General Lloyd Austin Becomes First Black Pentagon Chief
- Biden Plans To Sign Order For Govt To Buy More US Goods
- Hank Aaron, Home-Run-Hitting Baseball Great, Dead At 86
- Budweiser Joins Coke, Pepsi Brands In Sitting Out Super Bowl
- State Regulators Expand Investigation Into What's Causing Wichita Earthquakes