Newly mounted license plate readers at 35 intersections in Wichita have produced “incredible results” in the first week or so, says one police officer. But some lawmakers say we need to watch out for violations of privacy and civil rights. Read the slides for the full story.
Kansas’ Ad Hoc Pretrial Justice Task Force has been looking at ways to improve the state’s pretrial detention program. Its report will be released soon. Currently, 53% of county jail detainees haven’t been convicted - they just can’t afford bond or out-of-court supervision before trial.
Protesters say the recent social justice protests may have reignited the push for a new trial, but their support of Albert Wilson has never wavered.
Kansas City currently has two occupations.
• The prosecutor for the Missouri case of Ricky Kidd, who was exonerated, and the Kansas case of Albert Wilson, who many feel was railroaded, is set for a disciplinary hearing early next month.
The streets of Wichita have been dangerous in the past few weeks. There have been daily shootings, most of them happening in Wichita’s northeast urban core. A number of the shootings have gone unreported, and the ones that are reported have ended fatally.
“Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor” became a rallying cry this summer, emblazoned on T-shirts worn by celebrities and sports stars while protesters filled the streets demanding police accountability. In the end, none of the officers were charged with Taylor’s killing, although one wa…
In the case of Breonna Taylor's killing during a drug raid gone wrong, a Kentucky grand jury today charged fired Louisville Officer Brett Hankison with three counts of wanton endangerment for firing into Taylor’s neighbors’ homes during the raid on the night of March 13 - but brought no char…
In case you missed it last Thursday, Sept. 17, Second Chance Thursdays are continuing. Second Chance Thursday offers individuals with an outstanding warrant for a traffic citation issued in the city of Wichita and opportunity to quickly clear their warrant without going through the Sedgwick…
- Black Rainbow, NAACP, SCLC, Urban League, National Black United Front, Operation Liberation, Urban Summit Reject Meeting With Mayor Lucas and Chief of Police and Demand the Defunding of KCPD
- Sherrie Hill with Martinizing Dry Cleaning Wichita is all about her customers
- Governor Laura Kelly Signs Military Family Bill
- The IRS will issue monthly stimulus checks to families, $3,600 PER CHILD
- Maxine Waters’ comments Draw Calls for Censorship
- Jurnee Hoffmeyer Traumatized By White Teacher Who Cut Her Hair
- The Murderer derrick chauvin in Floyd’s death goes to the jury
- Kansas housing leaders welcome publics public opinion