WASHINGTON (AP) — Lady Gaga will sing the national anthem at Joe Biden’s inauguration and Jennifer Lopez will give a musical performance on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol when Biden is sworn in as the nation’s 46th president next Wednesday.
Republicans are trying to beat Democrats at their game by encouraging absentee voting and activating a strong door-to-door campaign.
If pressure is on Joe Biden to appoint more Blacks to his cabinet, can you imagine the pressure on California Gov. Gavin Newsom to fill the Senate seat being vacated by Vice President-elect Kamala Harris with a Black woman. However, Newsom is also getting pressure to appoint a Latinx and or …
Kansas Democrats never thought they’d gain enough seats to have a majority of the seats in the state’s 40-member Senate, but heading into Tuesday’s election, they had hoped to gain enough seats to help back-up any vetoes of legislation issued by Gov. Laura Kelly.
- State Announces Art Contest Geared Toward Suicide Prevention
- Governor Kelly Encourages Kansans to Apply for Low Income Energy Assistance Program Funding Available to Help Pay High Electricity Bills
- Jackson and Taylor Elected Kansas State Democratic Officers
- Black Lives Matter Opens Up About its Finances
- WNBA approves Montgomery’s role in new Dream ownership group
- LaVannes Squires, KU’s First African-American Men’s Basketball Player, Passes Away at 90
- How February – the shortest month in the year – Became Black History Month
- BHFOD 28: The Jackie Robinson of Golf