The Gordon Parks Foundation has generously allowed the Nelson Atkins Museum in Kansas City to display his photographs of Muhammad Ali. The photos were taken between 1966 and 1970; in various locations around the world, Parks captured Ali's life in vivid and undiluted truth.
The 8th Annual Art That Touches Your Heart (ATTYH) was held at Wichita State’s Rhatigan Student Center on Feb. 22 & 23.
The Historic Northeast Midtown Association in Kansas City, KS, held its annual Chili Cook-Off on March 1 at Nefertiti’s Restaurant and Banquet Hall, 13th & Quindaro, KCK.
Everidge and Janice Cade, Ralph C. Johnson, CPA, and Bernice Meeks were the top honorees at the 39th Annual Black Men and Women of Distinction Award Ceremony held Sun., Feb. 24, at Friends of Yates, 1418 Garfield Ave., Kansas City, KS.
Eta Beta Lambda and Delta Mu Chapters of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, held their 22nd Annual Dr. Evies O. Cranford Tribute to Historically Black Colleges and Universities Scholarship Banquet on Feb. 23 at the Hyatt.
- Black Rainbow, NAACP, SCLC, Urban League, National Black United Front, Operation Liberation, Urban Summit Reject Meeting With Mayor Lucas and Chief of Police and Demand the Defunding of KCPD
- Sherrie Hill with Martinizing Dry Cleaning Wichita is all about her customers
- Governor Laura Kelly Signs Military Family Bill
- The IRS will issue monthly stimulus checks to families, $3,600 PER CHILD
- Maxine Waters’ comments Draw Calls for Censorship
- Jurnee Hoffmeyer Traumatized By White Teacher Who Cut Her Hair
- The Murderer derrick chauvin in Floyd’s death goes to the jury
- Kansas housing leaders welcome publics public opinion