Love is one of those peculiar things in life that no one really has the answer to, but when it works … How sweet it is! Does his sensitivity balance out her stubbornness? Do his cooking skills allow her to put up with his messiness? In other words, does his yin, balance out her yang?
We asked seven successful couples about how they started and how they maintain their relationships. What they told us has us as perplexed as ever about love, but we sure enjoyed what they shared. We hope you will, too.
Joseph and Kowonia Bowen have know each other since they were 10, and will have been married for 26 years in March.
Darryl and Cassandra Carrington have been together for 30 years and married for 28 years.
Jarrett and Jacqueline Dillard will have been married 10 years in August 2021.
Revs. V. Gordon and Rachel Glenn III have known each other since 1994 and have been married for 23 years.
Terrell and Natasha Vernor have known each other 15 years and married for 14 years.
Billy and Demetria Whiting have been together for two years, and married for one-and-a-half years.
- The White Church: On Slavery, Lynchings and Racism
- KCK was a Hotbed for the Klan in the 1920s
- Obscure History of Black Lynchings in Kansas and Missouri
- BHFOD 25: Inez Kaiser, the First Black Woman to Open a National PR Firm
- Strengthen the Vine First Fridays Set to Return March 5
- People Who Wear Glasses Less Likely to Catch COVID
- Other Remaining Black Towns
- Oklahoma's Existing Black Towns