Let's Give Them Our Support
At The Community Voice, we’re all about supporting Black-owned businesses. While I don’t need the services some Black businesses offer - say an architect or an engineer - there’s one thing I need each and every day, and that’s a meal.
If you’re like a lot of Americans, you eat a lot of your meals at restaurants.
It was with that thought in mind that we gathered this information and included it at no charge to any of these restaurants.
We want to encourage and make it easy for you to spend some of your dining dollars at Black-owned restaurants. We kept hearing, “I don’t know where any of them (Black restaurants) are?” Well now you'll know.
We worked on this list for several months, and even though we tried hard, we’re certain this is not a complete list. All we can say to those we missed is, stay in touch, keep up with The Community Voice, you never know when we’ll do this again.
We’ll keep it there through the summer or fall.
Finally, beyond Black restaurants, we ask you to make it a habit to intentionally find ways to support other Black businesses too. Ujamaa
- Bonita Gooch, editor-in-chief - The Community Voice
- DC Paints Huge Black Lives Matter Mural Near White House
- Juneteenth-KC Goes Online for 2020
- New Novel Explores Race, Identity, Belonging
- Gwen Berry Airs Out Grievances with USOPC In Wake of Floyd Death
- Players Send Video Message to NFL About Racial Inequality
- Chief Struggles to Change Minneapolis Police Culture
- Mayor Lucas Announces New Oversight Measures for KCPD
- KCPD Receives $2.5 Million Donation for Body Cameras
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.